Sunday, October 7, 2007

#8 - RSS Feed

Argh! If only profanity were acceptable! Have been doing the Bloglines thing for hours now, have set up my account, subscribed to about 15 feeds (including Daily Show videos Whoo-hoo!) and the blogs of a couple of colleagues. I can see how the RSS feed will be handy for me - I'm a news and blog junkie, so having access all in one place is a great idea.

BUT - try as I might I CANNOT get my Bloglines URL to load onto here. Maybe I'm getting it wrong, but I'm trying it through the "add a page element" process, picking the RSS feed option. I've followed the instructions on Bloglines and the Learning 2.0 blog hints, and every URL I try is listed as Invalid. So they can all bite me. I've tried everything, and it's time for dinner. If anyone has any hints...Anna you seemed to have the same trouble I did - post a comment letting me know how you did it, you genius.

2 comments:

anna@thelibrary said...

Sadly, my genius was second-hand. I thought is should be as simple as copying and pasting, and tried several variations of this, to no avail. It was only the intervention of a talented staff member that prevented techno-rage. I cannot remember what happened, but I thought "I never would have got that".
Sorry!

Charlotte Lacrym said...

I say fook censorship.